I got an offer to perform at a charity event. One of the organizers heard me practicing at my instructor's house (coincidence?), and asked me if I'd like to play for their event. I thought about it for a few days, but then I recalled one of the guidelines I had set for myself few months back (not playing in public until a certain time), and today I politely declined the offer.
It was nice to float in the few minutes of joy a computer-nerd-with-no-social-skills can get when he is offered such an opportunity. But I have learned not to overrate or oversell my skills it's called knowing your 'aukaat'. :-)
Another update. I am the little DJ-in-training at one of the local clubs. The DJ with around 20 years of experience has been mentoring me for a while in developing a taste for everything a crowd would want. It's a long way to go, but I've started recognizing what the old 80s songs could mean to today's college crowd (something people generally don't expect).
It will be at least a couple of months before he lets me actually manage a full show by myself, but I love the learning part, and the people.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment